SUPPORT FOR STUDENT SEX WORKERS
A COMMUNITY FOR US TO KEEP EACH OTHER SAFE
If you are from an oppressed background, are a survivor, a sex worker or former sex worker, a creative or you have professional mental health experience we would love to have you on board.
For us, personal experience is equal to professional experience and we would love to hear from you if you would like the opportunity to support sex workers and be trained by mental health professionals to peer support.
Please send over your CV or a paragraph summarising your personal experience and we will get back to you.
If you are a student at UoM there is also the opportunity to become involved through our Support For Student Sex Workers society. We are very proud that we have been given this opportunity and will be looking for fresh committee members every term.
We are looking at ways to expand our organisation. We are looking for:
- People from industries other than the creative industry that are looking to offer work opportunities or meaningful activities to the people in this community
- Survivors, sex workers and people in mental health that would like to offer support to people within the community
- People in areas other than Manchester, that would like to support us in branching out
- Clothes makers and people in the fashion industry that would like to support us with our shop (Please look at the SHOP page for more information)
- People that want to contribute to our Zine and have their voice heard or creative work published
In order to become a part of the team, you will be asked to sign a legal document for safeguarding reasons. The document ensures you do not target the people that come for support for any insidious reasons, that you will not use the organisation to promote your own political agenda, that you will offer support with pure intentions and knowledge of the safe guarding procedures we will brief you on and that you will not use the organisation to solicit sex.
Please contact us, join Support For Student Sex Workers on Facebook or email one of the team on the GET SUPPORT page for more specific desires or intentions or to pitch your idea / creative work to us.